SCAMMERS at High Volume - Be Aware

'Tis the season, I guess…Unfortunately, we’re receiving notifications from several vendors about scammers trying to get $$$ from selling FAKE booths to FAKE events. It’s actually scary how real these messages can seem as they may look like they’re messaging you from our social media accounts or similar email addresses and they may mention names of events listed on our website - so here’s what you need to know!

  • We will never message you on social media about registering for an event or anything to do with $$$.
  • You can only register for our events on our official vendor forum (RIGHT HERE) which you have access to as an active vendor.
  • The only official information you will receive is either on this vendor forum OR through our email which only has the extension @chattanoogamarket.com PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO THIS as someone is using a very similar email address which is NOT us. For example, my email address is Melissa@chattanoogamarket.com
  • If you think something is “off” it IS - if you’re unsure, reach out to our help desk: help@chattanoogamarket.com (see the official extension there?)

I hate that it’s come to this , but being diligent will help us all in our personal affairs as well. Scammers gonna scam

Minion Alert Scam

I was one of the ones this happened to, thankfully I hadn’t sent the money yet. I tried reaching out to the 2 contact numbers I had for chattanooga market to ask questions about the form before filling it out and submitting, left voicemails with no response…
Maybe this post with info about the scams can be sent to everyone on our introduction email. I’ve spoken with several different vendors who received emails from thechattanoogamarket@gmail.com also (which is who was trying to scam) with the application over the past several months. Thankfully they didn’t fill out the form because they had already been accepted to the pavilion. I haven’t yet, so I was super excited and thought this was another application and acceptance to the pavilion.
it wasn’t until the email asking for payment and wanting to know if venmo, cashapp, chime, zelle etc was a better option for me, that’s when I knew that something wasn’t right since all payments for Erlanger and foundry are through this vendor forum.

but maybe include that scams are prevalent and all emails will have the custom domain of @chattanoogamarket.com in our acceptance email or whatever the first email it is that goes out, so we know what to watch out for beforehand.
I’m thankful I caught on, but if I hadn’t, I would have lost $400 for the “bundle” deal.