V. E. 1. About Holiday Market

Edit: Some significant changes have happened to the Holiday Market for the 2024 and 2025 seasons. Please refer here for more information about these Holiday Markets.

Holiday Market is held on the first two full weekends in December. Our hours of operation are:

• Saturdays 10am-5pm
  • Sundays 11am-5pm

Check our special event website at Holiday.Market for the latest schedule updates and news.

The market boasts nearly 200 vendors, and in 2023 nearly a million dollars of locally made goods were purchased here!!

The indoor Holiday Market has traditionally been located at the Chattanooga Convention Center (1150 Carter Street, Chattanooga TN 37402), just a few blocks down from the First Tennessee Pavilion. In 2025, the indoor festival is relocating to the Knoxville World’s Fair Expo Center due to lack of venue availability. We will be holding a special one-day outdoor Holiday Market at the Pavilion in November, 2025.

For Chattanooga: Inside the Convention Center, we typically occupy Exhibit Halls A and B. We pay the Convention Center for access to the space for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. While the Convention Center usually allows vendors to stay set up during the multiple intervening weeks, this is never guaranteed. You may have to break down at some point during the event. Booth fees would be too expensive if we were to rent the space for the entirety of the three weeks.

For Knoxville: we will occupy the entirety of the Knoxville World’s Fair Expo, and are able to secure the venue for the entirety of our festival – no mid-week breakdown/setup is required, and unlike Chattanooga this detail is contractually guaranteed. Further, we do have the first right of renewal for our event series in Knoxville - another courtesy which has not been extended to us locally.

Food trucks/concessions are not permitted at the Holiday Market per Convention Center Policy. Both Chattanooga and Knoxville hold exclusive rights to onsite concession sales, although several nice restaurants are within walking distance of the Knoxville venue.

1 Like

Just checking but when do we pay for the Holiday Market and Octoberfest? Thanks,
Elizabeth Long

Hi Liz - you should have received an invoice to pay for the remainder of the Holiday Market back in July. If you can’t find it, no worries. Just let me know and I’ll be happy to resend. As for Oktoberfest, if you haven’t already filled out the interest form for Oktoberfest then go ahead and do so. Here’s a link to the information we posted last week on the vendor forum. You can access the interest form there. We’ll send out sign up information once we’ve set the map and made a decision.

Sarah

Thanks Sarah! I will need it to have it resent, cleaned my office and now can’t find anything! Thanks so much! Liz

Hi Liz - it’s via email. I just resent it, so let me know if you don’t see it still.

Sarah