Opening Weekend Report

Congrats, we survived a very busy weekend – and I feel confident in announcing that the Market is back to normal. I personally logged over 43,000 steps this weekend, and am feeling the soreness just a touch. Mark me down as being “out of practice” for the restart.

Excluding alcohol, the Market posted nearly $300k in total vendor sales (we easily cleared that threshold with beer/wine included). Individual segment averages were all strong:

As with everything, some vendors did better - and others posted lower results. This is natural, as it takes time to refine your craft, build inventory and customer base. Rome wasn’t built in a day, and neither is a good business.

I don’t have time to grind through the numbers significantly - we have a very busy month ahead! - but did want to give a nod to our top food truck (posting $8k of two-days sales), and our top new food producer ($4,500). Nicely done!

Housekeeping

A few quick reminders:

• register online, in advance, if you wish to attend; the fears of COVID appear to be gone, and we’re seeing strong demand from both customers and vendors. If you plan ahead and communicate, it tends to work better.

• you need to check-in upon arrival; after 9am is considered late/no-show, unless you call the main # (423.648.2496) and speak with a human. All vehicles must be out of the market space by 10am for the remainder of the season.

• We do not have onsite storage for anyone; if you are storing items in our storage locker without our 2022 consent, then your items will be discarded during our upcoming annual purge. You have been warned.

• several people have asked about walk-ups; if the online RSVP says that we are sold-out, there is really no chance that we will have extra room for you. That trend typically shifts around July/August, but every year is different.

It was great to see everyone, and the group coordination from within the vendor community makes everything smoother. Thanks for being fantastic people!

12 Likes

Thats awesome. I cant wait till I get to be there!!!

Will there be roll-call the rest of the season at the Market and if so, what time does it start? If not, when will we know what spot we have each Sunday? Thanks!

1 Like

Hey thanks for everything you and the other staff do. I didn’t realize how much i missed being at the market lol

Sunday Market is preassigned spaces – when. you arrive, check-in at the front desk (opens at 8am)

This is great news!

I will miss next weekend because of surgery.I emailed and texted Brandy.
I’ll look forward to being back the following weekend.

Best Wishes to Everyone,

Susan Parry