Chattanooga Market Season Pass 2022

There are no significant changes to our Season Pass program for the 2022 Season. The Season Pass includes all setup and security fees for every Chattanooga Market date at the First Horizon Pavilion, and includes a reserved booth. For clarity, the complete list is located at the bottom of this announcement.

For those of you new to the Season Pass concept, here is a quick refresher.

The Benefits of Season Pass

From my perspective, there are distinct advantages with Season Passes which benefit both market vendors and organizers.

From the Market Vendor perspective, a Season Pass:

• includes a predictable booth location (Reserved Booth); you know where you will be setting up each week
  • guarantee access to a specific market – your participation is assured, provided you arrive on-time and prior to roll call (or call us if you are stuck in traffic).
  • Early arrival/setup is encouraged, as your spot is guaranteed and predetermined.
  • At the Chattanooga Market, only Season Pass holders are allowed to drive-in and unload inside the pavilion.

From the Organizer perspective:

• We know that our Season Pass holders are frequent/serious market vendors, and we can expect to reliably attend a specific market location every week.
  • We have less scheduling/placement work to do each week, as the returning season pass vendors remain in a fixed location and already know where to setup.
  • Our Season Pass holders become the market elders and mentors for neighboring new vendors.
  • The check-in process for all other vendors (those not holding a Season Pass) is faster and more efficient; it makes everyone a bit happier.
  • This combo allows us to do more, with fewer staff, which keeps our overhead low and vendor fees reduced.

We only want our regular, frequent market vendors to hold a Season Pass. Infrequent participants are definitely still welcomed, but they are not entitled to hold a permanent spot.

Seasonal Farms (ie, fresh produce, etc) are always the exception – Mother Nature doesn’t publish her calendar, and we understand that. If you are in that category, we understand that your season is typically much shorter and less predictable than our overall footprint; we’ve got your back, just give us a shout.

For Vendors without a Season Pass
All non-reserved booths will be prescheduled at the Chattanooga Market. If you have a Season Pass/Reserved Booth (which historically, about 70% of our vendor population did have a RB) then you will check-in and setup as usual. If not, you’ll check-in when you arrive and be directed to your booth location which was selected by the Market Manager. At 9am, all unused/empty booths will be reassigned to the “standby” vendors; vendors placed outside can relocate to available booth locations as authorized by the Market Manager.

We will still have a 9am roll call for those vendors who did not register in advance, and do not have a reserved booth, and may not be provided a space at all – but everyone else will be able to begin setup almost immediately upon their arrival. We clearly are encouraging advanced registration and planning – it makes the event day setup process significantly simpler for everyone.

The dates included in the Chattanooga Market Season Pass are as follows:
Sat, Apr 23, 2022
Sun, Apr 24, 2022
Sun, May 1, 2022
Sun, May 8, 2022
Sun, May 15, 2022
Sun, May 22, 2022
Sun, May 29, 2022
Sun, Jun 5, 2022
Sun, Jun 12, 2022
Sun, Jun 19, 2022
Sun, Jun 26, 2022
Sun, Jul 3, 2022
Sun, Jul 10, 2022
Sun, Jul 17, 2022
Sun, Jul 24, 2022
Sun, Jul 31, 2022
Sun, Aug 7, 2022
Sun, Aug 14, 2022
Sun, Aug 21, 2022
Sun, Aug 28, 2022
Sun, Sep 4, 2022
Sun, Sep 11, 2022
Sun, Sep 18, 2022
Sun, Sep 25, 2022
Sun, Oct 2, 2022
Sat, Oct 8, 2022
Sun, Oct 9, 2022
Sun, Oct 16, 2022
Sun, Oct 23, 2022
Sun, Oct 30, 2022
Sun, Nov 6, 2022
Sun, Nov 13, 2022
Sun, Nov 20, 2022

The 2022 Season Pass rate is the number of market events (33) x daily setup rate + overnight security fees = $1,200. Fees must be prepaid in entirety, and are non-refundable. Vendors will be selected by priority points, and prior Season Pass history. You must have at least 50 vendor priority points to be awarded a Chattanooga Market Season Pass.

I’ve said this several times, for the sake of clarity: we don’t want/expect for everyone to signup for a Season Pass. The market works just fine with our on-demand, register by the day approach which has served us well for the last 20 years. But if you are planning to attend every week, have been with the market for a few years and know what you are doing, then the Season Pass might make a lot of sense for you.

Click here to Apply for a Season Pass

6 Likes

Well I just registered for a season pass and it auto filled my maiden name. Just an FYI :metal:t3::blush:

I hope you will enforce this. Last year, it could be difficult for reserved vendors to drive in because everyone was driving in, and not only was it chaotic, there is an etiquette to drive in that you learn over time and newbies couldn’t know that (like drop your stuff and leave before you set up). I feel it’s a benefit of paying for a season pass that was lost. Of course their are exceptions and I am not sure how you enforce it but it would make life easier for us seasoned vendors. Thanks in advance!

5 Likes

There were a few times when newbies nearly took us out leaving at 9:15…poor Jim would be out there directing traffic!

1 Like

Chris we want our same booth but I am not quite sure of the number since we have had it so long. Can you tell me it is A SOMETHING.

2 Likes

Chris can you please please post the map? Several of us are unsure of our spot, especially since ours changed midstream last year!!

1 Like

Hey Chris. I will probably keep my same season pass as last year (H18) but if I don’t and register online each week then I can arrive early, be assigned a booth and go ahead and setup before the roll call? Thanks for the info!

1 Like

Hi Chris, I just noticed opening weekend for Chattanooga market is April 23-24th and that overlaps with the River market? Is this correct?

1 Like

We haven’t had roll call at Chattanooga Market in several years; all daily registrations (vs season passes) are preassigned, and yes - you can arrive early and setup. But you won’t necessarily know where you will be, so a check-in is always required.

Edit/Correction: there is still a roll call, but it is not the roll call of year’s past – it’s strictly the leftovers for those who either are waiting to see if an interior spot was not occupied (by a no-show), or for someone who did not register at all and just wants to see if we have room for them.

1 Like

This is correct. We have some vendors who prefer River over Chattanooga; Chattanooga is not everyone’s cup of tea

2 Likes

Thanks for the info Chris!

1 Like

Ok so if I don’t do a season pass when during the week can I sign up? Thanks again.

1 Like

Sure, anyone can sign up for markets using our RSVP system just like it’s happened in the past. At this very moment, you can signup for River Markets (River Market Registration). The same process does/will exist for Chattanooga Market.

There are always tradeoffs. If you do a good job with registering well in advance (not the week of, but several weeks out) you should be OK. But if you look at River Market today, the week of March 12 is already at capacity, but not the subsequent weeks.

The Season Pass holders have guaranteed access (they are already registered/paid for those dates), and everyone else is on an ad hoc, as desired, basis. The Fear Of Missing Out is definitely a factor for some, but less of an issue for others. You have to decide what your goals are, and how important it is to attend every date. For some, it’s very important - for others, less so. There is no financial difference to us, so it’s strictly a personal preference to you.

1 Like

I found a post with the map of the areas that were renumbered last year. Kei your booth location is listed. http://vendors.chattanoogamarket.com/t/layout-reserved-booth-update/1565

1 Like

Thank you Cindy I will look when I get home. This stupid phone isn’t showing it

1 Like

I just registered so will we be billed or do I need to sign up on that web page it pulled up after form submitted?

Ah, that’s a good question - I left out some important details.

Season Pass Applications will close on March 13, and we will begin invoicing selected/eligible vendors the following week.

Once we understand how many booth spaces remain, we will begin Registration for Opening Weekend on/before March 24. I expect this to sellout quickly; regardless, open registration will close on April 8 to allow for the starting paperwork/map to be created (it does take a lot of time/effort)

Moving forward, we will resume our rolling 6-8 week enrollment window; all May dates will be open for registration around April 1, June dates on May 1, etc.

1 Like

Could you post a map of the space numbers of the market from last year?

1 Like

Also here requesting a map and if possible like the one shared last year where it shows what spaces are already reserved. The map link above doesn’t show the full pavilion. Thanks for all you do Chris! We appreciate your continued efforts :slight_smile:

Ignore the colors/taken indicators – this is a snapshot from a November, 2021 market

2 Likes