Quick Report: Opening Saturday

I did a quick rough count last night, just out of curiosity – we’re still missing a few key reports, but Saturday was up 15-20% over last year’s Opening Saturday, and yesterday would have been in the Top 10 Best Markets of 2022. Don’t let the seemingly milder crowds fool you - the venue was well-balanced and comfortable yesterday, which encourages shopping.

It was a good day. The extended hours, perfect weather and supportive crowds came out to enjoy your quality products and goods. I have no visibility in to segments or that sort of detail, but I did see 4-digit sales reports in art, farms, foods and concessions. Broadly speaking, people were shopping.

We have already had several members of our community experience dramatic life moments this weekend - personal health crisis, the unexpected loss of a family member, and chronic health struggles. It reminds us that our time together is limited, and that our community shares in the pains and joys of those around us. Please keep these friends and neighbors in your thoughts.

As a reminder, our front desk team will dispatch and facilitate aid if you spot a guest or vendor in distress - our CPD team is top notch, and has direct access to the City’s emergency communications network. With large crowds, and rising temperatures, we do see a fair amount of health incidents each year. Your role in communicating a potential crisis tremendously aids in response times and better outcomes.

Let’s have a great and safe Opening Sunday!

14 Likes

Thanks to everyone for being so kind and supportive as we dealt with the sudden loss of my father-in-law this weekend. He died at 86 of natural causes and hadn’t shown any signs of illness up to this point. This truly is a great community.

Jami Moss Wise
Moss Rose Art

7 Likes

Bob and I would also like to thank the market community for your love, kindness and grace while we navigate his health issues. The support we have been shown is nothing short of amazing, and we are truly humbled. Management has been extremely flexible with us and we will be at the market as much as Bob’s condition allows - mostly because all of you mean so much to us. As Michael Hudson likes to say, we are truly a dysfunctional family :slightly_smiling_face:. Thank you again.

6 Likes

Jami, I didn’t know. I am so sorry,

Cindy Wilson

You and your family are in my prayers

1 Like

I’m so very sorry for your loss.

Jami,
I’m so sorry for your loss. I lost my brother unexpectedly a few weeks ago and understand how you feel.
Prayers for you and your family.
Susan

Jami very sorry for the loss of your father-in-law. Cindy, we are thinking of you and Bob hoping to see you soon.