New Season Brush Up

What an incredible start to the 2024 season! Can you believe we’re already five weeks in? Time flies when you’re having fun! And to ensure we continue to have nice, clean, safe fun, I’m here to give you a little brush up on some minor issues we’ve had over the past few weeks. Because we could all use a little reminder every now and again, right?

• No Dogs Allowed - The Health Department’s policy is that no dogs are allowed in the pavilion unless they are a registered service animal. Please note that emotional support animals are not service animals under the ADA. Now, if we’re being honest, I’d rather deal with a market full of dogs than people 98% of the time. Unfortunately, though, the Health Department could shut us down if there are dogs in the pavilion during market hours. And while I’m sure your dog would never cause trouble or call attention to itself, if patrons see your dog, it makes it so much harder to convince them to leave their pup at home. So, for the sake of the market, please make alternative care arrangements for your four-legged friends.

• Next, Cardboard Waste - when you’re throwing away big boxes or other large pieces of cardboard, please take an extra moment to break them down, fold them, and tuck them behind the garbage can. This will allow more trash to fit in the cans, as well as make it easier for the clean up crew to recycle the cardboard. Cleaner markets mean more people, and more people means more money! Mo’ money, mo’ problems . . . but that’s a topic for another day.

• Onward and upward, friends! Which is a nice balance to my next item - Tent Weights. We’re not trying to bring you down, but we are entering afternoon thunderstorm season. Tent weights are a no brainer for folks outside the pavilion, but they are also required for folks with tents inside. If you think the pavilion walls can protect you from strong winds, you are at risk of performing a real-life re-enactment of Mary Poppins with your tent. Don’t let this be you!

download (11)

• Fourth - Drink Sales. I touched on this a couple of weeks ago, and I think we’ve mostly got the situation under control. The post can be found here. But I also want to mention that vendors who are not food truck/concessions vendors need to get Market staff permission before selling drinks at their booths.

• Patio Parking - There is no parking available on the patio between the pavilion and Naked River. You can unload there, but will need to move your vehicle as soon as you have unloaded. Note that I did not say after you set up - unload into your space, go park, then walk back and set up.

• There is some parking available for farmers only on the patio on the other side, between the pavilion and the looming eyesore. While we make that available to farmers as a courtesy, no one is guaranteed a particular spot, and Market staff can ask anyone to move their vehicle at any time from that patio. No one, other than the aforementioned farmers, should be in that area. We will likely have a law enforcement vehicle block off that area after a certain point, and they will not be moving during the day. So if you don’t want to get trapped over there, please park in the approved lots.

• Finally - No Packing Up/Turning in Envelopes before 4 pm. Each market, vendors start breaking down a little earlier and a little earlier. Last weekend, we got our first envelope right around 3:20. Patrons take their cues from you - so if you pack up early, they clear out early.

I think that’s all I’ve got for now! Thanks for your patience (hopefully, not too much eye rolling), and also, thank you for an amazing first month for this season! Vendors are the beating heart of what we do, so hats off to you for the hard work you’ve already put in!

If you have any questions, feel free to hit up the help desk (help@chattanoogamarket.com).

11 Likes