River Market Changes

We are going to making a few adjustments to River Market, starting this week.

Fridays

• a single food truck will be allowed to setup on Fridays; to be added to the rotation, please contact Gib via the help desk with the subject “River Market Food Trucks”
  • an art market from 10am-5pm will also be launched – setup will be $15, and we will see how it goes from there.

Saturdays

• a single food truck will be allowed to setup on Saturdays; to be added to the rotation, please contact Gib via the help desk with the subject “River Market Food Trucks”
  • Saturday art market sales continue to be steady, as the tourism also peaks on Saturdays. We are making no changes at this time, and may consider extending the River Market season into the Fall. Let us know your thoughts on that!

Sundays

• aquarium traffic is definitely down on Sundays this year (Fridays and Saturdays appear to be the strongest), so we are reducing Sunday hours to 10am-2pm; setup will reduce to $10
6 Likes

Extending into the fall would be great! We would definitely be on board for that!!!

6 Likes

I would love to do the river market into fall!

2 Likes

We are certainly all in for a fall River Market.

2 Likes

Yes, all for setting up in the fall :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We think the fall river market is a great idea!

1 Like

Is it still a requirement to do an orientation for new vendors for all markets? If so, is there any updates about when that might be?

Randy – we’re small enough this season that the separate orientations are not required – you may register/attend, just allocate a bit of time in the morning to speak with the market manager and get the overview of the venue (including where/not to park, bathrooms, etc)

1 Like

Thanks for the response Chris. That’s good news. Might be able to see you in August.

2 Likes

I would love to continue setting up into the fall! Great idea, 100% onboard.

Assuming we have Head of the Hooch this Fall, will River Market vendors be able to set up on Riverside Dr like we used to? Or are we permanently in front of the Aquarium like the last 2 years?
Thanks

Head of the Hooch has been cancelled.

1 Like

Sigh…where’s my ejected and beat down guy emoji.

Can I just register for August 23rd on the forum? I don’t see anywhere in the process that shows my user name so I wanted to make sure being the first time. Are there any permits or anything I need first to attend?

Not the forum, Randy - you need to visit the registration page to sign up for markets:

https://publicmarkets.us/register

We show you as an approved vendor, which means that all of your paperwork appears to be current. You can chat with the market manager during check-in to make sure you have everything you need.

Thanks Chris. I did get signed up for the 23rd for the Market. Looking forward to being there.

1 Like