Market Vendor Friendly Reminders

Hi guys! It’s hard to believe that we’re already a month into the 2023 Market Season. It’s even harder to believe that we’ve been exceeding 2022 records left, right, and center!

Despite the overall success, there have been a few issues that continue to come up week after week. While I know friendly reminders rarely feel friendly, please know that I say the following with love.

Parking

• Vendor Passes - While we offer parking passes for vendors, there are not unlimited supplies of them. Please be courteous and only take what you need. If you have people coming in shifts, have them exchange parking passes. Once parking passes are out, they’re out, and you’ll have to pay for parking.

• Handicapped Parking - Even with a parking pass, you are only permitted to park in a handicapped space if you have a handicapped license. You may have noticed that CPD is issuing tickets for non-handicapped vehicles in these spaces. I’m sure the officers appreciate the help making their monthly ticket quotas, but I imagine you’d rather keep your hard earned money.

• There is no parking available on the patio between the pavilion and Naked River. You can unload there, but will need to move your vehicle as soon as you have unloaded. Note that I did not say after you set up - unload into your space, go park, then walk back and set up.

• There is some parking available for farmers only on the patio on the other side, between the pavilion and the looming eyesore. While we make that available to farmers as a courtesy, no one is guaranteed a particular spot, and Market staff can ask anyone to move their vehicle at any time from that patio.

Set Up Time

• Please take a moment to review the Vendor Handbook regarding Chattanooga Market Set Up & Breakdown.

• If you are going to be later than 9:30 a.m., please contact the operations number (423-565-9115) to let Market staff know and to ensure that your booth is not given away. This includes Season Pass Holders - no one is above the law or the Vendor Handbook.

• If you are a walk up vendor, please be patient. We will likely not start reassigning booths exactly at 9:30 a.m. and will often give a grace period for the vendors who have already signed up. You would want the same courtesy afforded to you if you were in their shoes. Also, there is no guarantee that any spot will be available.

Tent Weights

• The Market requires all vendors using tents to have weights attached. Please review the Vendor Handbook tent set up policy here.

• Even vendors inside the pavilion must have weights on their tents. Anyone who has been through a summer pop up storm inside the pavilion knows that the walls offer little protection from stronger gusts of wind. You don’t want your tent blowing away, leaving your goods unprotected and risking injury to yourself or others in the process.

Ok, reminder over! That wasn’t so bad, was it? I’m sure we’ll have a few more issues arise before the season is over. But by and large, everything has been remarkably smooth for the past few weeks. Thank you for working together to make sure the Market remains our “happy place!”

As always, if you have any questions or want clarification about anything, feel free to email the help desk at help@chattanoogamarket.com or text/call the operations number above.

9 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Becoming a Vendor